JOHOR CHESS ASSOCIATION (JCA) / PERSATUAN CATUR NEGERI JOHOR
1st Johor International Chess Open 2014
Venue : City Square, Johor Bahru
Date : 1st December – 6th December 2014
• This is an individual tournament, open to all players.
• There are two categories of play: the Open category for all players and the Challenger category for players rated below 2000 (FIDE ratings) or 1850 (national ratings).
• FIDE (International Chess Federation) rules and regulations apply. Results will be sent for FIDE rating calculations.
• Both categories will be played using the Swiss System, with 9 rounds for both the Open and Challenger categories. For the pairings, a Swiss Manager program will be used.
• The rounds shall be conducted according to the schedule attached.
• Each player is accorded a time control of 90 minutes plus 30 seconds increment per move.
• Five minutes before each round starts, the Chief Arbiter shall make the relevant announcements. If any player is not present within an hour after the round is started, he shall lose by default.
• FIDE regulations apply for mobile phones – all mobile phones must be turned off during playing times. Penalty is the automatic loss of the game.
• Officials and players should be smartly attired at all times while in the playing hall.
Programme / Schedule
Day 1 (Monday, 1 December 2014)
1400 Final Registration
1430 Players' Briefing
1500-1900 Round 1
Day 2 (Tuesday, 2 December 2014)
0900-1300 Round 2
1500-1900 Round 3
Day 3 (Wednesday, 3 December 2014)
0900-1300 Round 4
Day 4 (Thursday, 4 December 2014)
0900-1300 Round 5
1500-1900 Round 6
Day 5 (Friday, 5 December 2014)
0900-1300 Round 7
1500-1900 Round 8
Day 6 (Saturday, 6 December 2014)
0900-1300 Round 9
|11th - 12th each|
|13th – 15th each|
|16th – 20th each|
|U12B/ U12G/U10B/ U10G/U8B/ U8G||Age Group medals are for the Challenger categoryonly.1st – 5th for each category.|
Entry Fee (RM)
|Above FIDE 2300||FOC|
|FIDE 2000 - 2299||200|
|FIDE 1800 - 1999||250|
Closing Date: 15th November 2014
Registration and payment after the closing date incurs the payment of double the entry fee stated above.
Please Download forms for registration. Registration to play is completed only after payment is made.
- Bank in PERSATUAN CATUR JOHOR – RHB Bank, CITISQUARE Branch
Current A/C No: 20101700207247, and then email the bank in slip to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other payment modes please contact us by email email@example.com
I. Players are required to budget for their own board and lodgings, as well as transportation needs. Please send all queries and bookings to firstname.lastname@example.org
II. Hotel rooms at a special rate can be arranged through us as stated in the registration forms.
Provisions for titled player (GM, IM):
Hotel rooms are provided on a twin-sharing basis for the first 10 GMs/ IMs that register and show confirmed flight details.
Mr Steven Cheong Tel: (60)167202272
The organizers reserve the right to change the rules and regulations without prior notice.