Monday 12 December 2016

Overcoming trauma caused by Exabytes

This has got to be my biggest psychological "trauma" suffered while chess blogging.

The Exabyte nightmare I endured and experienced  for years has resulted me having this phobia of losing content if I posted to a paid hosted website. I do pay for GilaChess.net and it is by far a better platform to host my chess content but I have chosen to post everything to blogspot instead.




However, my current webhost, DigitalOcean has been exemplary in terms of service, web performance and economical. It is miles ahead of Exabytes in terms of Web Hosting services but the phobia remains. I am afraid that some disaster will befall me like my time with Exabytes.

Of course all that is totally unfounded with daily backups and my webhost good performance thus far. things are safer than ever.

Just like a chess player who fears playing against a certain opening, I've decided bite the bullet, face my fears and will start to use my paid webhost GilaChess.net more often. After all, I have taken pot shots at MCF for never updating their website.

Don't want to be a hypocrite and nurture a white elephant too (paying for something and never using it).

Please help support GilaChess. All I want from readers is simply go and read any new articles which will mostly be results of tournaments and announcements of events at GilaChess.net.

Related links:






No comments:

Post a Comment